Coconut oil shampoo has become really popular, but there are also many other uses for the fruit. Over 10 million people living in palm tree-growing regions, and they regard it as a wonder fruit.
All About Coconut Oil Shampoo
Every part of the palm tree has its uses such as the leaves thatch houses, the trunk for making furniture as well as other items. The coconut kernel is edible, the husks for making ropes, and the milk in a variety of ways, such as food preparation, and ingredients in cosmetics.
6 Great Benefits Of Coconut Oil
This tropical oil has hundreds of benefits including:
- Provide Nourishment and Moisturize Skin: – For thousands of years, coconut oil has nourished and moisturized skin given its natural antioxidant properties by hundreds of generations. Fast track to the present age, dermatologists recommend it for stopping skin irritation and wrinkles.
- Helps in Digestion: – The oil has the ideal balance of concentrated beneficial oils that help in digestion. This is due to its antibacterial properties that assist in fighting infection and irritation in your gut caused by Candida.
- Source of Healthy Fats: – Lauric acid makes up over 50% of the components in the fats found in coconut oil. There is compelling evidence that coconut oil is the second best source of lauric acid after breast milk.
- Immune and Hormone Support: – The unhealthy fats we consume on the daily basis that can cause hormonal and immune imbalance. Coconut oil has healthy fats and MCTs such as lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acids that aid to support the immune system as well as the hormones.
- For Cooking: – Coconut oil is one of the known stable oils that maintain its chemical structure even when subjected to high temperatures. It has one of the best nutritional properties and it does not go rancid easily. Use it to cook your eggs, stir-fry, and any other dish of your choice.
- Coconut Oil for Hair: – Tens of generations have used coconut oil for centuries as a hair mask to benefit from the unique fat composition. In its raw form, it is beneficial for specific hair types but it with the introduction of shampoo making technology; it is applicable for all hair types.
5 Benefits Of Using Coconut Oil Shampoo
Organic coconut oil shampoo does not come cheap, but the price is worth the benefits you will get for using it. There is a growing increase in the number of coconut oil shampoo brands to meet the growing demand for this sweet smelling shampoo.
A few years ago, use of coconut oil in hair was a sign of backwardness and most people preferred the oil-less synthetic chemical shampoos. Those that knew the benefits continued to use coconut oil and the percentage that used the synthetic shampoo quickly realized their mistake and they are back to using coconut oil as well as the coconut oil shampoo. Here are the benefits of using coconut oil shampoo.
1.Stop Hair Loss And Damage
Indians have arguably the silkiest and most healthy hair thanks to the widespread use of coconut oil. There are various recipes used for generations that are now part of the modern day coconut oil shampoo. They use a special blend of herbs and coconut oil and its continued use have shown that it can slow down and eventually stop hair damage and loss.
2.Great Cooling Properties
The continued use of coconut oil shampoo has long lasting cooling effects on the head as well as the scalp. It is especially necessary for people who experience severe scalp sweating and hot heads.
3.Good Moisture Retention
Many shampoo brands that promise moisture retention, contain harmful ingredients such as sulphides and sulphates that dehydrate your hair. Organic coconut oil shampoo has a high moisture retention capacity. Coconut oil hardly breaks down nor evaporates easily. Its stable nature allows it to lock moisture in your hair giving it a soft and moist texture and prevents breakages.
4.It Prevents Dandruff
Dandruff can be a cause of embarrassment and many of the anti-dandruff shampoos are not capable of eliminating the problem. Mix the coconut oil shampoo with castor oil and lukewarm water, massage it often into your hair and scalp and you will realize positive results immediately.
5.You Get Tangle Free Hair
Many soap and detergent based shampoos leave your hair dry and brittle, and combing it becomes a nightmare. The coconut oil in the shampoo has healthy fats that help to detangle your hair in the process of cleaning it. Your hair also benefits from improved elasticity and it prevents your hair from tangling even after you dry and condition your hair.
Coconut oil shampoos are sweet smelling and they add a sweet and appealing scent to your hair. For the best results, make sure you read the label before making a purchase. The most common ingredient in the shampoo goes at the top of the label; if you find that coconut oil is towards the bottom of the label, it means it does not have enough coconut oil in it.
Coconut Oil Shampoo List – Top 5 Products On The Market
Here below is a list of the best coconut oil shampoos and conditioners on the market at the moment.
#1. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Conditioning Shampoo & Repairing Conditioner
Palmer´s coconut oil shampoo is made with the finest ingredients. It contains sustainably and ethically sourced coconut oil and Tahitian Monoi. These natural ingredients repairs hair damage, deeply hydrates and gives your hair a beautiful shine. This product is free from harsh detergents and sulfates.
#2. Desert Essence – Coconut Shampoo
This shampoo is perfect for dry hair, it provides intense moisture to your hair. This product is infused with coconut oil that helps to restore hair´s natural luster. With continued use you will get strong and healthy hair. This coconut shampoo is made with natural ingredients, it is free from sulfates and chemicals. For best results, use this shampoo together with the Desert Essence Coconut hair conditioner.
#3. Deep Steep – High-Shine Coconut Shampoo
This high-shine shampoo contains a blend of organic coconut oil and rice protein. The high quality ingredients in this ultra-nourishing formula restores softness, gives your hair instant hydration and a lot of shine. This product is cruelty free, vegan and sulfate free. This shampoo is perfect for color treated hair.
#4. Cococare – Coconut Oil Moisturizing Shampoo
This is a high quality moisturizing shampoo that is enriched with Vitamin E and infused with natural coconut oil. It leaves your hair silky and smooth. This product is perfect for all hair types. Free from parabens.
#5. OGX – Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner
This shampoo and conditioner contains organic coconut milk and coconut oil that nourishes and hydrates your hair. This product also contains egg white proteins that add elasticity and strength to your hair.