Sulfate Free Shampoo Facts – 12 Important Things You Need To Know
Here are 12 sulfate free shampoo facts that are important to know about. This chemical, sulfate, has been in the media lately, you’ve probably heard a thing or two about it.
People from all walks of life are claiming that shampoos without this chemical are not only more effective at maintaining the health and appearance of your hair, but that they are also better for the planet as a whole.
Do You Need A Sulfate Free Shampoo?
Is a sulfate free shampoo right for you? That’s going to depend very strongly on you.
It’s important to consider a number of factors. It’s important to do the research on these shampoos, and it’s important to understand all of the information associated with these products.
There is a great deal of information associated with these shampoos that should be kept in mind. From that point, you can decide whether or not these sulfate shampoos are right for you.
12 Sulfate Free Shampoo Facts:
While researching the subject of sulfate free shampoos, there are a number of facts that you’re going to come across.
As you begin to learn more and more about these types of shampoos, you will be in a much better position to decide whether or not to pursue one of these products.
When it comes to a sulfate free hair care product, here is what you need to know:
- #1. A sulfate free shampoo is a shampoo that does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). SLS is also known as sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium dodecyl sulfate (which are known as SDS or NaDSO).
- #2. If you check the ingredients listing for many commercial cleaning and hygiene products, you’re going to discover that SLS is frequently listed as an ingredient.
- #3. SLS is designed to help remove oily residues, amongst other things.
- #4. Although the sulfate component to these hygiene products does not have carcinogenic properties, the chemicals do have the potential to cause a number of problems.
- #5. Some of the potential dangers associated with SLS include irritation to the scalp, the possibility of essential oils being stripped, and the hair becoming too dry.
- #6. People react to sulfates differently. Some are highly allergic, while others only experience some of the problems mentioned above to a mild degree. Some do not experience any of the problems mentioned above to any significant degree whatsoever.
- #7. For those who have sensitive skin or strong sulfate allergies, a sulfate free shampoo could prove to be exactly what they’ve been looking for in a shampoo product.
As you can see, there are legitimate medical reasons that create the demand for a sulfate free shampoo.
Unless you happen to be allergic to any of the ingredients utilized in one of the formulas of these shampoos, it’s a possibility you should definitely consider exploring.
These are some of the basics of sulfate free shampoos, but there are a few more things that you’re going to want to keep in mind.
Additional Information On Sulfate Free Shampoo Products:
The above information is really only the beginning of developing a true understanding of sulfate free shampoos. There are a number of other things that should be taken into consideration:
- #8. Many of the people who turn to a sulfate free shampoo come back to report that their hair has never felt softer, and that the dryness consistent with traditional shampoos is no longer a problem.
- #9. Those who are new to the world of sulfate free shampoos need to keep in mind that it’s going to be a different shampooing experience from what you’re used to. Sulfate plays a significant role in the foamy lather that builds up in your hair as you’re applying the shampoo. Because sulfate free shampoos are free of this chemical, applying the shampoo is going to feel quite different than what you are perhaps familiar with.
- #10. Some of the beneficial, safe ingredients you want to look for with one of these shampoos includes glucosides and glycerin. Both of these are organic compounds, taken from natural, sustainable resources.
- #11. The green potential behind a sulfate free shampoo is something else that should not be ignored. These shampoos come from organic resources that do not leave the same carbon footprint as you would get with the more traditional forms of shampoo. For this reason alone, an increasing number of people are trying sulfate free shampoos.
- #12. It’s worth noting that sulfate free shampoos and other products along these lines are generally a bit more expensive than traditional shampoos and other health/beauty products.
This should give you a fairly rounded overview of sulfate free shampoos. The benefits of these shampoos are clear. While some people continue to dispute just how damaging shampoos containing sulfates really are, the fact remains that there are a number of downsides to the shampoos that you are used to buying.
Consider how those downsides can be applied to your specific situation. If you find yourself eager for some sort of change, sulfate free shampoos could be worth investigating.